This page provides information for club members about
forthcoming meetings, rehearsals and events.
Annual General Meeting
Originally scheduled for early March, it fell victim to the metrological “beast from the east”, and will now take place on Monday 14th May at Minto Street.
We are presenting a short play and a couple of sketches at the Killin Komedy Festival in early May. See Next Production.
Our Christmas meal was at The Cafe de la Poste 41 South Clerk Street.
Extraordinary General Meeting
On Monday 7th November 2017, the future of the club was discussed. Here is a summary of the decisions made, based on notes taken by Douglas Currie.
(1) It was agreed that the club would not be dissolved, but would continue on a different footing, subject to future developments. In the immediate future, the club will meet socially for discussions and play readings on the first Monday of each month. Having agreed that, it was decided that our December gathering would be our annual Christmas evening meal (see separate notice) and that the January 2017 meeting would be on the 9th (the 2nd of that month being too close to New Year holiday period).
(2) We will not enter the SCDA One Act festival in February 2017, but will assist in FOH and other support duties. Our annual participation in the Fringe in August will not go ahead in 2017. Hopefully, we will be able to re-
(3) We’ll prepare something (suitably small scale) for the Killin Komedy Festival in May 2017.
(4) In early January we’ll launch an intensive campaign to recruit – not only actors, but the vital staff for back-
(5) Looking ahead – we’ll search for plays with small casts and for a Director
(6) We’ll make use of Scene, the monthly SCDA newsletter and our social network with other Edinburgh clubs to keep our name in the amdram spotlight
80th Anniversary Function
Our 80th anniversary birthday party was held on Friday 7th October 2016 at Willowbrae Bowling Club. We all enjoyed the evening, especially the wonderful buffet, and the chance to indulge in a nostalgic selection of excerpts from past productions. Some photos have been added to the Social Events page.